4 Ways Blogging Will Change the Way You Do Business
A Good Blogging Habit Can Boost Sales and Keep Your Business Relevant
It may not be something you have considered before, but blogging can be both a game changer for your business, as well as a sound investment – and the only thing it will cost you, is time. Unfortunately, time is something we never seem to have enough of. But with a good plan and a little practice, it can easily become part of your weekly workflow.
Below are 4 good ways to get started.
1. Telling Your Story: A company story is the heart of who you are. It’s how you make yourself memorable. Blogging can help you share your story and more importantly know the story of your audience. Keep these tips in mind when conveying the story of your brand:
- Be authentic
- Be truthful
- Go beyond just the “features” of your company
Instead focus on the emotional side – demonstrating how what you do (or sell) can enhance their lives.
The most iconic companies in the world all share bits and pieces of their stories with us, Budweiser Clydesdales, Apple’s garage beginnings, Nintendo’s century-old playing card– all tell a story. Now, you may not have access to the big bucks that let you tell your story during the Super Bowl, but blogging can let people get to know who they are dealing with.
2. Find Your Audience: For many businesses, this is tougher than it sounds. But the truth is, blogging can actually help identify your target market. Remember, this is not just as simple as starting a blog and hoping for the best. To really make your blog count, you need to really REACH out to the right people.
Do some research, and once you find the people you want to reach– picture them as your audience in each and every blog you post. A fancier term for this is creating a “marketing persona.” Someone you are “writing to” as you manage content.
Blogging can get you in touch with the people you want to reach, while also positioning yourself as an expert at what you do. When you are able to become a trusted resource for your audience, you have effectively changed the game.
3. Let Your Values Show: Blogging lets your audience know who you are at your core. If you don’t have an established a set of company values—get on it—then demonstrate those values through blogging.
These values can
- Give your company a direction when approaching problems
- Help you reach out to the community
- Help define who you are for your readers and future clients
Blogging about who you are as a company is an extraordinary experience for you and your audience. It changes the way people see you and maybe the way you see yourself.
4. Brand Promotion: There is so much more to blogging than just basic promotion, but a company blog is an outstanding way to promote your company for just pennies. Share coupons, sales, new inventory, basically anything you think your audience wants to see!
This not only gives them a window into your company but also rewards them for being loyal followers. Using your blog as a promotional tool is a win-win!
But also think of promoting your blog itself. Remember, publishing your content is not the same as promoting. Get your content in front of the right people.
- Use automatic blog delivery
- Use your social media accounts
- Ask employees to share blog content
If you get creative and aggressive you can promote your blog for free. But paying for promotion is also an option. Just remember, if people aren’t seeing your blog, it’s not really promoting your business!
After committing to blogging, be sure to track your progress. Take advantage of insights offered by your chosen platform to see where you need improvement. If used the right way, a blog supports every aspect of your company and it really can change how you connect with your audience.
For every day branding tips, subscribe to our Razor Branding blog and podcast.